Looking to upgrade your car or truck on a budget or just want to achieve some higher level of privacy when driving around in the neighborhood? Adding a high-quality tint to your car windows is an affordable yet effective way to do just that.
One of the best manufacturers and suppliers of car window tints in the world today is Lexen. In this post, find out the three most popular tint options offered by this company including their pros and cons.
Lexen tint review
As mentioned earlier, Lexen is a respected supplier of professional car window tints and produces among others the following tint types:
- Lexen Computer Pre-Cut Complete Tint Kit
- Lexen 2-Ply Premium Carbon Roll Window Tint Film
- Lexen Front Window Pre-Cut Tint Kit
Let’s take a brief look at each of these:
1. Computer Pre-Cut Complete Tint Kit
This is without a doubt the most popular tint kit that Lexen is known for. Just as the name suggests, the product comes pre-cut for your type of car model meaning you don’t need to do any further adjustment when installing it on your windows.
The tint kit comes with 2-ply 1.5 mil premium film which is exactly what you need when looking for increased privacy, lower temperatures inside the car, and protection against the harmful UV rays.
Choose from the company’s five shades that range from 5 percent (limo tint) all the way to 50 percent. What you’ll particularly like here is that Lexen allows you to choose up to two different shades in a single package.
- Scratch resistant
- Made using particle tech for enhanced heat rejection and color stability
- Can be applied using either dry or wet heat process
- Comes with a detailed installation process
- There are limited options for older car models
2-Ply Premium Carbon Roll Window Tint Film
Want to do the cutting and adjustment yourself when tinting your car windows? This great product from Lexen may just be what you need. Like its pre-cut counterpart that we just discussed above, this is a high-quality tint that’s also available in a range of film shades to choose from.
Built with the particle technology and comprising of carbon pigments, this tint cover will offer you incredible heat resistance for cooler temperatures and also stay free from scratches. It comes with a 5-mil thickness and is available in standard black color.
- Cost saving especially if you have several cars to tint
- Easy installation
- Color stability and heat rejection
- Lexen doesn’t provide additional tint installation tools with this package
Front Window Pre-Cut Tint Kit
As the name suggests, this tint kit is meant to cover only the two side windows of your car – no film for rear windscreen or rear passenger seats are included. Like all of Lexen’s tint picks, it’s scratch resistant and made using carbon-coated polyester material. You can also choose from a variety of shades between 5-50 percent.
The DIY kit comes pre-cut while the package includes a squeegee which makes it easy for you to install it yourself and save a lot of money.
- Economical particularly for those that want to tint the front windows only
- Ready to use as it’s pre-cut
- A variety of shades to choose from
Other Lexen tint options you can consider include:
- Back windshield pre-cut tint
- Universal sun strip pre-cut tint
- Sun strip visor premium vinyl decal windshield (uncut).